Initial planning...

12/06/13

First idea for title:

i.telegraph.co.uk

The historical significance of the contraceptive pill.

My initial research into the title above showed that I had to narrow the focus of my project as the invention of the pill had historical significance in multiple different fields, including medicine and women's rights. I wanted my project to reflect my own interests in history, particularly the liberation of women in the 20th and 21st century and therefore chose to change the title to:



The historical significance of the invention of the contraception pill on women's rights. 


I've chosen to look at the historical significance of the invention of the Pill in the UK, focusing on its initial effect as well as its influence on the freedom of women, their economic participation, and its impact on the family.